The end of the year is approaching quickly.

     I can not believe this year is almost over!  I need to apologize, it has been a while since I have blogged.  There are so many new things I have had to learn this year, and blogging is one of them.  I have never blogged until this year, I think I was doing pretty well at the beginning, but then I forgot about it, and I just dropped the ball.  I am hoping I will do better in the future.  

    Let me fill you in on what we have been doing in class.  In 6th-grade, we just finished reading Freak the Mighty. If you haven't read it you are missing out.  It really is a good book, and we can all learn a lesson from the characters.  Ask one of them about it, they seemed to really enjoy it.  Now they are working on an essay over the book and the movie.  I didn't want them to just write a compare/contrast paper, I wanted more of what they learned and enjoyed and which they thought did a better job conveying the overall theme. They are also doing an advertisement for the book.

    The 7th-grade unit covers utopia and dystopia.  We are reading The Giver, and they are creating their own utopia and working on a presentation to present to the rest of the class.  We also just finished a research paper and learned how to cite evidence and give credit to the places we went to get the information.

    In 8th-grade we also just finished a research paper, and are reading To Kill a Mockingbird.  Their research papers were a bit longer and required more in-text citations, as well as transitions, introduction, and a well-thought-out conclusion.

    Again, I can not tell you how much I enjoy these students and how blessed I am to be here.  I am catching on to the way things are done here and I hope to do better in the future.

Thank you again for allowing me the opportunity to teach your kids.  They are all amazing!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Language Class and Art

Excite to be here.

Big Buddies