October

๐Ÿ‚Fall is here, my favorite time of the year ๐Ÿ‚ 


    In the fall everything is changing, but the colors are so beautiful.  Even though we are saying goodbye to the warm weather, beaches, suntans, and swimming, we are finding new things to enjoy.  Much like this, starting at a new school can be nerve-wracking and a huge change as well.  I was a little worried about changing my career, I mean, I have been in the same place for over 20 years.  Starting over, knowing no-one was something I was not used to.  Change is good though, right?!  Of course it is, and this change has proven to be one of the best decisions I have ever made.   Everyone, students as well as staff, is absolutely amazing.  Even though life may have been chaotic, the people here are so kind and have let me know I am right where I belong.  Thank you all for making this feel like my new home.

    All of the language classes have been doing a lot of reading and are beginning to do more writing.  In 6th grade, we read The Fault in Our Stars, a book that centered around the German troops and their campaign to "relocate: the Jews in Denmark.   We also watched The Sound of Music and students are in the process of writing a review of the movie, then will record it.  In 7th grade we read Bound, a Cinderella-type story set in China when binding girls' feet was an accepted practice. Finally, the 8th grade just finished reading Animal Farm and are in the process of the assessment. 

    The middle school has also completed several art projects.  I am impressed with all their talent.  Halloween is coming up, and I am excited to actually get the opportunity to celebrate.  In homeroom, we have been talking about decorating pumpkins, dressing up, and having treats to enjoy with a movie.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Language Class and Art

Excite to be here.

Thankful for these kids!